Technical Support Engineer
Who we are
Yotta helps Americans make better financial decisions by using behavioral psychology and gamification to make it fun and easy to make good decisions. We have grown from $0 to hundreds of millions in dollars deposited through word of mouth and referrals. Yotta is backed by world-class investors like Base10, Core Innovation Capital, YCombinator, Slow Ventures, Ken Moelis, and Cliff Asness. Yotta was recently featured in Bloomberg.
40% of Americans are unable to come up with $400 in an emergency, yet the average household spends $640/year on the lottery, despite the lottery being the worst economic value proposition there is. Why does this dichotomy exist? Because playing the lottery is instantly gratifying and saving isn't.
We are making saving money instantly gratifying so that people can get the long term benefit. Our first product is Yotta Savings, a savings account that gives savers the chance to win exciting prizes on a weekly basis through a gamified sweepstakes.
We were inspired by Premium Bonds, a program in the UK that works the exact same way and has over $100 billion in deposits from over 1/3 of the British population. This concept has been hugely successful in every country it's been tried in, but it was illegal in the U.S until 2015.
We believe that in the next 10 years, Americans will save hundreds of billions of dollars in prize-linked savings accounts.
- Identify technical issues and form solutions across a range of environments.
- File bug reports, reproduce and solve customer issues, and raise problems to the engineering team.
- Assist in the development of internal tooling to help solve issues across cross-functional teams.
Why work at Yotta
- You can help millions of Americans build up their emergency savings
- Opportunity to drive the vision for the future of banking and gamification of personal finance
- Significant autonomy and ability to contribute to the success of the company
- Opportunity to work cross-functionally at the intersection of product, design, and engineering
Who you'll be working with
- React Native mobile app development experience
- Major bonus points for having a background in design and/or gamification
- Excited about consumer finance
- Organized and self-sufficient
How to Apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
- Attach your resume
We look forward to meeting you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.