Who we are
Yotta helps Americans make better financial decisions by using behavioral psychology and gamification to make it fun and easy to make good decisions. We have grown from $0 to hundreds of millions in dollars deposited through word of mouth and referrals. Yotta is backed by world-class investors like Base10, Core Innovation Capital, YCombinator, Slow Ventures, Ken Moelis, and Cliff Asness. Yotta was recently featured in Bloomberg.
40% of Americans are unable to come up with $400 in an emergency, yet the average household spends $640/year on the lottery, despite the lottery being the worst economic value proposition there is. Why does this dichotomy exist? Because playing the lottery is instantly gratifying and saving isn't.
We are making saving money instantly gratifying so that people can get the long term benefit. Our first product is Yotta Savings, a savings account that gives savers the chance to win exciting prizes on a weekly basis through a gamified sweepstakes.
We were inspired by Premium Bonds, a program in the UK that works the exact same way and has over $100 billion in deposits from over 1/3 of the British population. This concept has been hugely successful in every country it's been tried in, but it was illegal in the U.S until 2015.
We believe that in the next 10 years, Americans will save hundreds of billions of dollars in prize-linked savings accounts.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a world-class data scientist to help us drive data-driven product and growth insights that can take Yotta to new heights. We are extremely data-driven in our decision making as a company and are constantly running experiments to try to optimize every part of the app and the funnel. Given the gamification aspect of Yotta, there is a LOT of fun stuff to experiment with.
We need someone to help run, analyze, and come up with experiments and dig into data to derive insights that will drive key strategic decisions for the company from both a product and growth perspective.
As an early employee you would have the opportunity to shape key decisions for the bank of the future. Banking is one of the last industries to be disrupted by technology so there will be no shortage of hard problems to solve as we grow.
Why work at Yotta
- You can help millions of Americans build up their emergency savings
- You will be one of the first hires of a venture funded startup that has grown exponentially in the last few months without any advertising
- Opportunity to drive the vision for the future of banking and gamification of personal finance
- You will be in at the ground floor and be a true owner in the company, with meaningful equity and financial upside
- Significant autonomy and ability to contribute to the success of the company
- Opportunity to work cross-functionally at the intersection of product, design, and engineering
Who you'll be working with
- 3+ years experience in a data analyst / data engineering / data science role
- You love rapidly running and analyzing experiments
- A SQL expert
- Excited about consumer finance
- Organized and self-sufficient
How to apply
Does this position sound like a good fit? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails).
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you've built and done.
- Attach your resume
We look forward to meeting you!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.